Machine Learning Engineer
Tiger Analytics is an advanced analytics consulting firm. We are the trusted analytics partner for several Fortune 100 companies, enabling them to generate business value from data. Our consultants bring deep expertise in Data Science, Machine Learning and AI. Our business value and leadership has been recognized by various market research firms, including Forrester and Gartner. We are headquartered in the Silicon Valley and have our global delivery center in Chennai, India.
We are looking for a Machine Learning Engineer in Richardson, TX
If you are passionate to work on unstructured business problems that can be solved using big data, we would like to talk to you. As part of this job, you will be working on:
- Providing solutions for the development, implementation, execution,validation, monitoring, and improvement of data science solutions
- Developing and executing machine learning tests and experimentation code
- Building reusable production data pipelines for implemented machine learning models
- Providing insights in new data resources from internal and external sources
- Demonstrates up-to-date knowledge in software engineering practices and provides solutions for the development, implementation and scaling, execution, validation, monitoring, and improvement of data science solutions
- Investigates, recommends, and initiates acquisition of new data resources from internal and external sources
- Works with IT teams to support data collection, integration, and retention requirements based on business need
- Identifies critical and emerging technologies that will support and extend quantitative analytic capabilities
- Applies a wide application of complex principles, theories and concepts in a specific field to provide solutions to a wide range of difficult problems
- Identifies problems, related technical issues and the approach to long-term, generic solutions meeting customer/grantor needs
- Manages work efforts of moderate size and scope and makes substantial contributions to determining feasibility of goals and objectives
- Abstracts complexity of production for machine learning through the use of containers
- Provides and supports implementation of data science models for business solutions
- Builds reusable production data pipelines for implemented machine learning models
- Develops and executes machine learning tests and experimentation code
- Troubleshoots production machine learning model issues, including recommendations for retrain, revalidate, and improvements
- Experience with Big Data Projects using multiple types of structured and unstructured data
- Ability to work with a global team, playing a key role in communicating problem context to the remote teams
- Excellent communication and team work skills
- Graduate degree in computer science or related or equivalent work experience
- Life Claims or Underwriting domain knowledge. Data would come from a variety of sources including structured internal data from DB2 database, raw csv files, documents as images, etc. The machine learning engineer should have text analytics skills (e.g. document understanding, summarization, OCR, etc ).
- Technologies used would include Python (multiple versions), Spark, Hadoop, Docker, with an emphasis on good coding practices in a continuous integration context, model evaluation, and experimental design.
- Additional technical details: Python (multiple versions), git for version control, deep learning (RNN,LSTM, Encoders, Embedders), test driven development (prefer py.test / nose), experience with GPU environments and NLP experience preferred
Additional Skills Required:
Location: Richardson, TX
Significant career development opportunities exist as the company grows. The position offers a unique opportunity to be part of a small, challenging, and entrepreneurial environment, with a high degree of individual responsibility.