Big Data Engineer
Tiger Analytics is an advanced analytics consulting firm. We are the trusted analytics partner for several Fortune 100 companies, enabling them to generate business value from data. Our consultants bring deep expertise in Data Science, Machine Learning and AI. Our business value and leadership has been recognized by various market research firms, including Forrester and Gartner. We are headquartered in the Silicon Valley and have our global delivery center in Chennai, India.We are looking for a Big Data Engineer in Bloomington, IL or Dallas, TX
If you are passionate to work on unstructured business problems that can be solved using big data, we would like to talk to you:
- You will work on some of the latest applications of data science to business.
- You will directly work with key client stakeholders to define the business problem, determine solution requirements and participate in developing analytics solutions.
- 2 to 4 years of experience in the field of big data engineering
- Proficiency in Python is required
- Experience in Spark, Hadoop and Docker
- Experience with SQL, ETL, Git
- Emphasis on good coding practices in a continuous integration context
- Understanding of basic statistical / procedural transforms used in data pipelines
- Ability to work with a global team, playing a key role in communicating problem context to the remote teams
- Excellent communication and team work skills
- Graduate degree in computer science or related or equivalent work experience
Locations: Bloomington, IL or Dallas, TX
Significant career development opportunities exist as the company grows. The position offers a unique opportunity to be part of a small, challenging, and entrepreneurial environment, with a high degree of individual responsibility.