Sr. Data Scientist
Tiger Analytics is an advanced analytics consulting firm. We are the trusted analytics partner for several Fortune 100 companies, enabling them to generate business value from data. Our consultants bring deep expertise in Data Science, Machine Learning and AI. Our business value and leadership has been recognized by various market research firms, including Forrester and Gartner.
We are looking for a Sr. Data Scientist to be based out of San Diego/CA. If you are passionate to work on unstructured business problems that can be solved using data, we would like to talk to you.
- You will work with clients to understand key business problems, determine solution requirements, build statistical or predictive models (decision trees, segmentation)
- You will work as part of a global team to solve analytics problems in a computationally efficient and statistically effective manner.
- You will help team members to apply a broad range of techniques and theories from statistics, machine learning, and business intelligence to create actionable business insights
- You will be the primary client contact for project management and successful delivery
- You will be responsible for presenting analysis results to technical teams as well as business teams
- 4+ years of experience in the field of delivering advanced analytics solutions or services
- 2+ years of SAS experience (data manipulation, exploration, macros) preferred
- Strong analytical skills in statistical analysis and machine learning algorithms
- Expertise in building advanced analytic models using R, SAS, Python
- Hands-on experience on retail consumer finance data will be a plus
- Experience in accessing data from cloud platforms and big data systems such as Hadoop
- Ability to work with global teams, communicating client business problem context to the remote teams
- Education Qualification - Graduate degree in Analytics or a related quantitative field.
Significant career development opportunities exist as the company grows. The position offers a unique opportunity to be part of a small, challenging, and entrepreneurial environment, with a high degree of individual responsibility.