Manager / Associate Director, Analytics Consulting, CA
Tiger Analytics is an advanced analytics consulting firm. We are the trusted analytics partner for several Fortune 100 companies, enabling them to generate business value from data. Our consultants bring deep expertise in Data Science, Machine Learning and AI. Our business value and leadership has been recognized by various market research firms, including Forrester and Gartner.
We are looking for someone with a good blend of business consulting skills and data analytics background. If you are passionate to work on unstructured business problems that can be solved using data, we would like to talk to you.
o Applying management concepts such as pricing theory, operations and supply-chain management, demand forecasting methods, etc. to build data models
o Ability to understand the business context by discussing existing data models with senior client leaders
o Ability to break down a project into specific tasks involving business analysis, data science and engineering
o Ability to work with IT and Data Engineering teams to embed analytic outputs in business processes
o Direct teams of business analysts to create data driven solutions
o Architect data analytics frameworks and solutions to solve data driven business problems
o Use Data Science, Machine Learning, Artificial Intelligence, Operational Research technique to develop data models
o Research the academic and industrial best practices in the data modeling and analytics field
o Develop use cases such as market-mix modeling, Bayesian modeling, Time-series modeling, natural language processing, and image analytics.
o Build quantitative programs using latest analytics or statistical modeling tools
o Extract, transform and organize the data into datasets using tools like SQL
o Develop solution algorithms using statistical modeling tools using R, SAS, etc.
o Validate the results of the model solutions by developing testing frameworks using Hadoop, Python, etc.
o Report the results and insights using business intelligent tools like Tableau, Micro
o Responsible for making presentations to senior management, communicating results to business teams, and develop plans to help operationalize analytic solutions
- 6-12 years of professional work experience with at least 6 years in business data analytics
- Bachelor's degree in business administration or a closely related field. MBA preferred.
- Ability to engage with executive/VP level stakeholders from client’s team to translate business problems to high level analytics solution approach
- Knowledge of statistical and machine learning algorithms
- Strong project management and team management skills and ability to work with global teams
- Strong SQL skills and excellent knowledge of visualization tools like Tableau
- Exposure to cloud platforms and big data systems such as Hadoop HDFS, Hive is a plus
Significant career development opportunities exist as the company grows. The position offers a unique opportunity to be part of a small, fast-growing, challenging and entrepreneurial environment, with a high degree of individual responsibility.