Director (US) - Insurance Analytics
Tiger Analytics is an advanced analytics consulting firm. We are the trusted analytics partner for several Fortune 100 companies, enabling them to generate business value from data. Our consultants bring deep expertise in Data Science, Machine Learning and AI. Our business value and leadership has been recognized by various market research firms, including Forrester and Gartner. We are headquartered in the Silicon Valley and have our global delivery center in Chennai, India.
If you are passionate to work on unstructured business problems that can be solved using big data, we would like to talk to you. Designation and compensation offered will be commensurate with your expertise / experience
- You will work on some of the latest applications of data science to solve complex business problems in Insurance (P&C, Life and Health).
- You will directly work with key client stakeholders to define the business problem and determine solution requirements.
- You will be responsible for demonstrating business value through solutions that help meet strategic, operational and tactical objectives, and making executive presentations.
- You will work with client’s business stakeholders to understand key business questions, challenges and information needs, and help develop an analytics roadmap that identifies and prioritizes key analytics use cases for execution.
- You will be collaborating with sales leaders (both new sales and account sales) to create the right POVs and proposals to help win new logos and drive growth in existing clients.
Location: Preferred location is NY/NJ area. Can consider other locations on East Coast also.
- 10 – 12yrs experience in the field of delivering advanced analytics-based consulting services to clients in the Insurance domain. Knowledge of other domains like Banking & Financial Services, etc. would be an added advantage.
- Ability to engage with VP & Director level stakeholders from client’s team and with internal remote teams to define business problems and construct solution approach in the areas of Pricing, Underwriting, Marketing, Distribution, Claims and Operations.
- Ability to select appropriate analytic methods for a given problem statement, analyze pros-and-cons of different options, and articulate such choices to technical as well as business audience.
- Experience as a hands-on contributor or in leading a team to develop multiple advanced analytics solutions in areas such as price optimization, underwriting risk management, market mix effectiveness analysis, agency management, customer lifetime value, customer segmentation, claims analytics, contact center analytics, etc. preferably in Insurance business context.
- Experience in open source analytic tools such as R & Python to build advanced analytic models, and exposure to accessing data from cloud platforms and big data systems such as Hadoop HDFS & Hive would be an advantage.
- Ability to work with global teams, playing a lead role in communicating client business problem context to the remote teams and leverage them effectively in execution, while owning client presentation, project management and expectation setting.
- Open to travel (up to 50%) across the United States.
- Education Qualification - Bachelor's or Higher degree in Business Analytics or a related quantitative field.
Significant career development opportunities exist as the company grows. The position offers a unique opportunity to be part of a small, fast-growing, challenging and entrepreneurial environment, with a high degree of individual responsibility.